For most people growing a Twitter account and amassing followers through popularity and creative content is not an easy task. You have to select a good niche that aligns with your objectives, post extremely frequently, and continue generating interesting content that continues to bring in those loyal followers who can’t wait for your next piece of content. Even some of the biggest celebrities in the world don’t always have a large following on Twitter when compared to other platforms like Instagram.
The majority of Twitter users don’t have a large following and are simply using their 280 characters to share their mood, status, or something interesting they have seen or found online with their family and friends. Fortunately, you don’t have to have millions of followers to benefit from the money-making opportunities which Twitter has to offer.
There are many different ways to generate money from Twitter, especially if you are a business. Today let’s explore the top 3 ways that anyone on Twitter can use to make some extra cash or even a side-living, whether they are a business or not.
1. Sponsoring Your Tweets
Many people believe that having your tweets sponsored is only reserved for celebrities and famous people with the following of hundreds of thousands or millions of people. It is true that many celebrities earn money from their tweets that help them earn thousands of dollars a tweet, however, that doesn’t mean that you can’t earn a few hundreds of dollars a tweet with a following much less than that.
There are a number of services out there that you can use to find advertisers who will want you to promote their products or services in your tweets and in return pay you money to do so. Some of our top favorites include:
- Sponsored Tweets - This is a well-known ad service that allows you to set your own price-per-click for ads that you tweet. You can choose the ads you tweet from a list of their available ads. There are limitations based on the number of tweets and followers you have, and they only accept you if you have an account that is at least 60 days old.
- Ad.ly - Instead of pay-per-click, you create a profile of your interests, then advertisers can choose your account to publicize a campaign. You agree to send out a specific number of tweets on a specific schedule, and you get paid a lump sum.
- AdMass - Allows you to find ad campaigns that you would like to promote to earn money from posting about various products or services. You earn money from every post and you can choose between regular tweets, images, or videos. Additionally, AdMass allows you to add a link to your bio which will generate money based on the number of days you keep that link up. One of the main benefits of this service is that after creating your account advertisers will approach you through the marketplace which will save you time on finding brands you wish to collaborate with.
2. Selling Products & Affiliate Marketing
Although these could be split into two different topics, doing so would mean we would have to rename this blog post to 4 Ways To Make Money From Your Twitter Account, which let’s face it just doesn’t have as good of a ring to it. Besides, both of these are very similar in nature. Let’s explore why.
Selling products involves one of two methods; selling your products or selling someone else’s products. If you have your own side-business or e-commerce store then selling your own products may already be something you do and is an absolute no-brainer. However, what do you do if you don’t have any of your own personal products to offer?
This is where we draw the parallel between selling products and affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketing is the process of promoting someone else’s products in order to earn a revenue share in return. Although you might establish a private deal if you know someone who is looking to sell something that aligns with your audience, the easiest way is to use a service such as:
Very much like sponsoring tweets, it is important to make sure that the products you promote align with your audience. The last thing you want is to end up throwing a bunch of random products at your followers throughout your feed. Doing so will most likely result in both losing your followers and not earning much since your products will less likely align with their interests.
3. Twitter Media Studio
A few years ago, Twitter rolled out the Twitter Media Studio, which lets content creators monetize their presence on Twitter very much like YouTube.
This service lets you place in-stream video ads and in-stream video sponsorships right into your Twitter video content so that you can earn money directly from the platform.
Some of the features of this platform include:
- Producer – Broadcast professional live streams, promote and schedule live streams, and create instant highlights of your stream with LiveCut.
- Library – Manage all of your videos, images, and GIFs in one place. You can also add user roles and permissions across your team.
- Analytics – Measure your performance on Twitter by viewing metrics of your tweets and earnings from monetized videos.
The downside of this platform is that they don’t quite offer a large range of options when it comes to monetization. So if you are not producing video content, you are basically out of luck. However, if you are stuck because of this limitation, we recommend using AdMass to monetize your Twitter account since it offers every type of tweet available on Twitter.
Now that you are well-armed with knowledge of how to monetize your Twitter account we hope you feel more confident and ready to start earning money. Twitter is a powerful tool for businesses that constantly look for new ways to grow their brand and expose it to millions of people that are daily using this popular social media platform. Hopefully next time they look in your direction so that you can begin financially benefiting from your account, whether large or small.